The Texas Association for Pupil Transportation's Professional Development and Certification program began in 1991 with an emphasis on the importance of professional leadership in the field of pupil transportation. since that time, the catalog of courses has expanded to over 60 different classes covering foundational, operational, leadership, communications, and business skills areas.
Courses are open enrollment to anyone involved in or interested in the pupil transportation inducstry in Texas. TAPT PDC coursework may be taken by TAPT members leading toward obtaining certification as:
- Certified Texas Pupil Transportation Administrator (CTPTA)
- Certified Texas Pupil Transportation Official (CTPTO)
- Certified Texas Pupil Transportation Supervisor
- Certified Texas Pupil Transportation Specialist
- Certified Texas Pupil Transportation Special Needs Supervisor
- Certified Texas Pupil Transportation Special Needs Specialist
- Certified Texas Pupil Transportation Driver Trainer
TAPT PDC courses are offered at the annual TAPT Conference and Trade Show as well as throughout the year at regional professional development events. Beginning with the 2020-2021 year, select courses will be offered online in a live-instruction format to provide additional opportunities for professional development in light of the current challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For information on professional certification and PDC courses, consult the TAPT Professional Development Handbook below.