Why become a member of TAPT?When you join TAPT as a member at the Active, Associate, or Business Associate level you become a part of a professional organization with a rich history and a membership that is involved in all facets of safely transporting students. Membership benefits include:
- Current information and updates on proposed legislation and other industry "hot-
- Eligibility for professional certification, recognized statewide as that of a knowledgeable, prepared, and experienced school transportation leader
- Access to the "Members Only" section of the TAPT website which includes
- State of Texas emergency call-
- Membership directory
- Scholarship opportunities for students and adults
- Subscription to TAPT News -
The official means of communication for TAPT
- Eligibility to subscribe to PupilTransportation eGroups - a discussion forum for TAPT members
- and more!
TAPT Membership Year
July 1 -
July 1 -
$50 / year
Open to individuals who are employed in Texas public school districts and are involved in pupil transportation. Active members have access to members only resources and benefits plus the ability to vote and hold office.
$25 / year
Open to individuals who are Texas public school district personnel (other than those who are active members), state agency and Education Service Center employees who are directly involved in Texas school transportation program management. Associate members have access to members only resources and benefits but are not eligible to vote or hold office.
$60 / year
Open to individuals connected with pupil transportation in a supply, maintenance, vendor, or technical advisory capacity. Business Associate members have access to members only resources and benefits and are eligible to vote for and hold the office of Business Associate Director.
When active members retire after 5 consecutive years of membership in good standing with TAPT, they may apply for honorary lifetime membership. Honorary membership applications are considered and approved by the Executive Committee. Honorary members shall be entitled to all the privileges of active membership except the ability to vote or hold office. Honorary members are exempt from paying annual dues.